This post is to show my process on how I helped developing a 3 minute kinetic/motion graphic animation under a strict deadline (6 days).
There were 2 of us working on this project:
– Mark Luna [me] – Motion Graphics
– Ben Murphy – Illustrations > (click here to see Ben’s work)
I started production on the animation on tuesday afternoon, and finished on wedesday midnight; then I began finalising the video on thursday.
– Structuring an appropriate story in an hour or two.
– Coming up with a storyboard in an hour or two, or three.
– Listing all the assets necessary for the animation in an hour.
– Creating/collecting all the assets on the assets list before wednesday morning.
– Developing an extremely rough version of the video by wednesday midnight.
– Finilising the video with the selected audio by thursday.
Right after I finished storyboarding the introduction, I picked out the music. The song is called “Graves” by a band called ‘The Color and Sound’.
This was the result.