This post is in reference to my 3D model of Charlie in Maya 2014. I then out him into a turntable.
The final rendered video was edited on Adobe After Effects with some addition of match grain.
After modelling a basic Charlie, I began texturing him. The initial textures were really harsh and and had to be re-done. These are the images of the renders.
After finalising the textures for the model. I began messing around with the lighting.
A month ago I finished working on a kinetic text animation for my friend’s(‘YONG BUDDHA’) song Child’s Play. I listened to the song and genuinely loved it. Just as I decided to make a kinetic text animation for the song, my friend messaged me, asking if I could do a kinetic text animation for the song. And so I did.
My initial work for the animation, was looking for the “perfect” font. And so these were the fonts I looked into using for the animation:
The font I chose in the end to use in the animation was ‘Kozuka Gothic Pr0n’
I’ll show you the rest of the development process but I never recorded them…. So… Here’s the final video…
For a class in college, we were asked to create 3D objects on Maya to animate for a pre-viz and comp class. I wanted to make a 3D model of the Kingdom Key keyblade. I had no references towards working on the 3D object other than my personal knowledge of this fictional object… and the one picture I used as a reference. From my own knowledge and the picture reference I acquired through google search, the image below is what I was able to achieve.
After realising that I had no references, I started working on a different 3D model. The model I chose was Charlie. You know Charlie right? No? Well, if you don’t, you can check out this link:
Feeling that I have enough, references (ahem sketches) of Charlie, I decided to work on Charlie instead.
This post is to show my process on how I helped developing a 3 minute kinetic/motion graphic animation under a strict deadline (6 days).
There were 2 of us working on this project:
– Mark Luna [me] – Motion Graphics
– Ben Murphy – Illustrations > (click here to see Ben’s work)
I started production on the animation on tuesday afternoon, and finished on wedesday midnight; then I began finalising the video on thursday.
– Structuring an appropriate story in an hour or two.
– Coming up with a storyboard in an hour or two, or three.
– Listing all the assets necessary for the animation in an hour.
– Creating/collecting all the assets on the assets list before wednesday morning.
– Developing an extremely rough version of the video by wednesday midnight.
– Finilising the video with the selected audio by thursday.
Right after I finished storyboarding the introduction, I picked out the music. The song is called “Graves” by a band called ‘The Color and Sound’.
This was the result.